Fundraising is an important part of every non-profit organization, however, the CBS PAC would like to make this as painless and stress free as can be. We have a few fundraising opportunities that require very little parent participation but still need some passive help. For example, our Thrifty Foods Smile Card Program, In order for us to meet our budget requirements there will be other fundraising events planned throughout the year. For example, movie nights, Halloween Hoot and Howl evening, magazine sales, etc. These are the events that we really need parents for if you can spare just a little bit of your time. Please contact Jill Shaw if you find that you have the time and want to help out.
Volunteers Opportunities 2015/2016!
1-2 reps per classroom, assisting with communication (mostly via email) between PAC/classroom teacher and classroom families.
Commitment of ~1 hour 1-2x/month. Distribution of hot lunches in your child’s classroom.
Head Check Committee
Initial training session and ~3 hours/terms, checking kids’ heads for lice as needed.
Safe Arrival System
Approx. 30 minutes/month at beginning of school day, verifying daily attendance.
Special Event Help
Assisting with one-off special events including Hoot & Howl, Movie Nights, Bike Roadeo, other social / fundraising events.
Movie nights-ongoing though out the year
Cordova Bay Elementary is registered at the Bottle Depot. This is an easy fundraiser for the PAC and complements what the “Green Team” has already started! Just mention Cordova BaySchool when you return your beverage containers a percentage will be directed to our CBS PAC! Easy… We are registered at the following Bottle Depot locations: 4261 Glanford Ave and 3961 Quadra Street.
Thrifty Foods Smile Card Fundraising Program:
Cordova Bay PAC has once again been extended the opportunity to raise funds via the Thrifty Foods Smile Card Program.
Thrifty Foods will reimburse our organization with 5% of the total dollars spent by families purchasing their groceries with a “loaded” smile card.
There is absolutely no cost to you.
- New cards can be requested by contacting Catherine Magraken. Please include your child’s name and the teacher’s name. The card will be delivered via the classroom teacher.
- Existing cards from last year can continue to be used.
- Cards can be loaded at the Customer Service Desk or through any cashier using debit card, credit card or cash. If loading via a cashier, the card must be loaded prior to having the grocery order rung in.
- Write down your card number and keep it in a safe place.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately by calling Thrifty Foods Customer Service (250-544-1234 or 1-800-667-8280) or by going to any Thrifty Foods store.
- Card holders may check their card balance by visiting www.thriftyfoods.com (Our Services, Smile Cards, Check my Smile Card). Balances are displayed on grocery receipts as well.
We hope you will embrace this terrific method of fundraising and take the extra time to load your smile card whenever you shop.
Cordova Bay families have the opportunity to raise funds for their school simply by supporting this venture.
CBS-PAC Thrifty Foods Card Administrator
Green Team: Manages the schools’ recycling program on Monday, September 20. The goals of the Green Team are: #1. To reduce the amount of garbage we contribute to the landfill AND #2. To reduce the amount of waste that we recycle. The Green Team will also be collecting Canadian Tire Money, as they sometimes purchase supplies and or have to repair/replace their recycling towers. The collection jar is at the office. The team needs parent volunteers to help on Fridays. It is from 1:10 to 1:40, about 1/2 hour and you only have to do 1 shift every 1-2 months. These volunteers will be helping the kids in the courtyard with sorting the recycling and cleaning the towers.
There are still more ways for you to get involved……
Keep looking back to this site throughout the year for more ways to help out!